HYDROS Rope Leak Sensor Kit
The HYDROS Leak Detection Rope Sensor is the first of its kind in the aquarium industry. The moment water comes into contact with it, that information can be used to alert you on your smartphone, sound an alarm, turn pumps off, and other actions that can protect your aquarium, home, or office from a total disaster.
A problem with traditional solid surface leak sensors is that you have to buy several to really feel a sense of security. What are the odds water will pool in the exact spot where a single sensor sits?
Another solution we’ve come up with is a rope-style water sensor. You can wrap it around your aquarium, sump, stand, or wherever else you like. This type of sensor makes a lot more sense when you want leak detection security in a wider area. You can configure the HYDROS app to perform whatever action(s) you want to happen when a leak is detected: flash a specific light color on your HYDROS controller, turn off a pump, shut down your protein skimmer, send you a mobile alert so you can come home (or ask a friend to check on the tank). It’s easy to do and you’re in control.
Just plug the rope sensor into a Sense Port on your HYDROS device. Next, place the rope flat on the surface where liquid detection is desired. If tape is required to hold the rope in place, be sure to only apply it on the ends. You want to expose as much of the sensor as possible for maximum protection. Once the rope sensor is in place, it is very important to test it to ensure it’s working properly. To perform a test, open the HYDROS app on your mobile device and configure the Sense port so the rope sensor is on. Drip a bit of tap water across the rope sensor so the black and white sensing cables come into contact with the liquid. Monitor the sensor’s status in the HYDROS app to see check if it’s reading is dry or wet. If everything looks good, you’re done! Dry the cable and you’re ready to configure alerts and equipment to take take action if a leak occurs.
You don’t have to occupy another Sense port to secure a larger area. HYDROS Leak Detection Rope Sensors can be daisy-chained together to form a larger perimeter for protection. Got a big tank? You can lengthen the line of defense to lasso around your large aquarium by simply connecting multiple rope sensors together. Leak detector ropes do not need an additional power source, even if you connect them together. Rope leak detectors do not occupy outlets on power strips or require a HYDROS Drive port connection to operate.
HYDROS Leak Detection Rope Sensors offer users 24/7 remote monitoring. Be instantly notified at the first sign of a leak so you can prevent a flood. Tap into the HYDROS app to immediately check the status of water parameters, equipment, power strips, and smart plugs. Make decisions based on real-time data to take appropriate corrective actions from anywhere and at any time.
10 Ways You Can Use a HYDROS Leak Detector Rope
- Place it alongside your aquarium
- Line it outside of your sump
- Wrap it around a reactor
- Lay it on the floor in an open area
- Fit it into a hard-to-read corner
- Wrap around plumbing pipes
- Mount it to a controller board
- Use it in your mixing station
- Affix it to water supply and return lines
- Remotely in your garage, bathroom, basement, laundry room, kitchen, or wherever you make
CoralVue, Inc. and HYDROS hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- One (1) year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.